Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Saturday afternoon fever

I was going through my pictures from the Seoul Drum Festival and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to devote a special blog entry to Korea's own KaTA. The festival program states that KaTA's aim as a band is "that the world feel the sympathy leaping over the existing art and culture and the present fusion." Huh?





Decked out in Saturday Night Fever white suits, KaTA delivered exactly what the Korean audience was hungry for: cheese. I don't want to make a gross cultural generalization, but I've watched enough Korean TV to know that Koreans seem to love the "show," and the flashier the performance the better. No decade had more flash than the 80s, and that was the last time I saw a band using keyboards like this!


1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Kurios1978 said...

ha ha ha, that comment about how they like it cheesy... that is so true isn't it?!

And KaTa... *another chuckle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home