Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Its official: Vancouver is the best place on Earth!


There was never any doubt in my mind, but now I have indisputable proof: Vancouver is the best place on Earth! Some outfit called the Economist Intelligence Unit has ranked 127 cities around the world, and it comes as no surprise to me that Vancouver topped the list.

Also not surprising to me is that Seoul came in well down the list, ranked 54th. The criteria on which cities were ranked included personal risk, infrastructure, and the availability of goods and services. I guess out of 127 cities, 54th is not too bad. Interestingly, I have visited and spent time in two of the cities that ranked in the bottom 10 on the list: Tehran and Phnom Penh. I'm not quite sure what it says about Seoul, but I think I actually preferred both of those places over Seoul!

Check out the story at CNN, BBC News, or Yahoo!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home