Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ansan Light Festival


Anna and I decided to journey into neighbouring Gyeonggi-do province for the Ansan Light Festival. Ansan is connected to Seoul by subway, but it really does feel like a different area entirely. The journey takes about an hour and a half, and the most noticeable difference is the sparse density of the buildings and the impression of open space.

The light festival was spectacular. The displays were creative with just the right amount of kitsch. Particularly impressive was this Chinese dragon made entirely of blue and white china plates and tea cups. Dramatically lit, the dragon was the length of a football field.

I love the freedom of digital photography — there is no need to hold back! And I didn't, snapping off more than 200 photos! To see the 50 best pictures from the Ansan Light Festival click here. Or, to view them as a slide show click here.

3 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B its Jess,

Those lights look friggen cool. You've sold me on it. I think I'm going to head down there on Saturday night and check it out. So I go from here to Suwon...what exit? Is it easy to find...might be flying solo.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger JR said...

Great photos..

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Woodward Chile said...

I stumbled upon this site by randomly flicking through the 'Next Blog' button. Impressive photos. We have a Korean student studying with us in Chile at the moment so it was interesting to learn a little about her country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home