Saturday, September 10, 2005

Food, food, food


Those that know me best know I live to eat. Coming home to Vancouver meant a chance to eat a lot of great food that is either not available in Korea or is prohibitively expensive in Seoul.

I had worked up the list of places I wanted to hit in the weeks before leaving Korea. That list included two of my favourite Seattle spots, Red Mill Burgers, and Super Bowl Noodle House. I'm not alone with the opinion that Red Mill has quite possibly the best burgers in the entire world. I was really looking forward to this, and I'm happy to report I wasn't disappointed!

Back in Vancouver I had fantastic meals at Capilano Heights Chinese Restaurant, and a surprisingly tasty dinner at Taylor's Crossing. Of course, the meals I had been most highly anticipating came from my Mom's own kitchen. There is no better welcome home than a fantastic meal of my favourite foods!

One of the highlight meals of my brief visit was all-you-can-eat sushi at Tanpopo . The are a lot of raw fish restaurants in Seoul, but it is hard to confuse what they offer with succulent sushi like in this picture. Raw fish Korean style means choosing your meal from the tank outside and then having it killed at your table and digging in for tasty meal while the fish is still squirming. Mmm, appealing. Don't you agree?

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha,, you are right! Korean sushi is different.. When I was in Korea, I never ate sushi, I mean Korean style sishi. But, I am now a crazy sushi eater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home