Monday, July 25, 2005

Delicious dak galbi

My favourite Korean dish is dak galbi, a chicken stir-fry that is cooked at your table. On Sunday I persuaded Laura, Jessica, and Anna to join me for a feast at our favourite dak galbi restaurant. Maybe I was just hungry, but the food tasted better than I remembered from previous visits.

Here is the "before" picture, taken just after the raw food was brought to the table:


Then, after cooking for about 10 minutes, it is ready to eat!


The great thing about eating in Korean restaurants (besides the wonderful air-conditioning!!!) is the free side dishes that accompany every meal. Besides the mandatory kimchi, we received a tasty salad, an assortment of pickled radishes, and a tasteless seaweed soup. If any of these should strike your fancy, they are refillable for free upon request!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home