Friday, June 17, 2005

Geocaching in Korea

Me

I decided to take advantage of the nice weather on Friday and headed out to search for my first geocache here in Korea. I got on the subway and 30 minutes later found myself surrounded by mountains outside central Seoul. Led by my trusty GPS I started climbing a steep hill, and it didn't take long before I was drenched in my own sweat. Even when it doesn't seem that hot here, the humidity takes its toll.

Country

The view from the top of the mountain was spectacular. You can glimpse central Seoul off in the distance in this picture. The thing that really struck me was how blue the sky was—something you rarely see in Seoul.

Gecocache

The cache itself was easy to find. The hider constructed this rather elaborate box, disguising it to look like an electrical box to throw off the casual observer. I left a Canadian flag sticker. From the awkward English in the log book, I'd guess that the previous finders have been roughly half Korean and half foreigners. I already have coordinates picked out for another cache I want to look for next weekend!

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home